Facebook has grown into a monster of a social network. A fact that the infographic below neglects is the fact that Facebook is now sitting at over 600 million users, and thousands of new users join the site every day.
Facebook is currntly worth an estimated 65 billion dollars, and Reuters recently reported that six Facebook founders and early investors have added their names to the Forbes Billionaires list.
Below is our first infographic ever, so please help us spread the word and share it with your friends!
Some More Interesting Facebook Facts
- Al Pacino’s face was on the original Facebook homepage
- One early Facebook function was a file sharing service
- The first “Work Networks” as well as the original educational networks included Apple and Microsoft
- A Facebook employee hoodie sold for $4,000 on eBay
- Facebook has added over 400 million users in less than 2 years
- If Facebook were a country it would be the 3rd largest
- Facebook was initially bank-rolled by Peter Thiel the co-founder of PayPal for $500,000
- Facebook was almost shut down by a lawsuit by ConnectU who claimed that Zuckerburg stole the idea and Technology for Facebook (the issue was settled out of court)
- About 50% of users are on the site every day
- More than 70% of users live outside the USA
- Yahoo offered Mark Zuckerburg $1 billion for Facebook which he refused
- In Australia court notices can be served through Facebook
- A Facebook court summons in Australia is considered legally binding
- Facebook has become so popular psychologists identified a new mental health disorder “Facebook Addiction Disorder”